Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Look Back-2008


What a year! To think that last year this time we were in the middle of so much heartbreak and the Lord has brought us through to a place that I've desired for so very very long. My heart is full right now thinking of all I've been blessed with, and all the trials friends and family have endured. Last December I was recovering from losing our first child and losing my beautiful Grandmother in less than 3 wks of each other (as I write this, her favorite song "Ava Maria" has started playing). After Aaron got laid off for the third time we learned that we were pregnant again and that's the turn of events that created one of the best years of my life. The trial of unemployment in the DC Metro area led us back to where we belong-with our families and friends in Indiana. While we are currently going through something similar my outlook on it is totally different. I saw no hope then, now I see only potential. Being home has made my relationship with my husband more fun and meaningful as we can relax in knowing we are not alone anymore. It just proves that God doesn't give you more than you can handle, and when you look back it makes you STRONGER and SMARTER! And for me-it's made me love my husband more than I can even imagine! Man do I love him, and I don't think he even knows exactly how much. We've been through more in one year than most couples go through in decades and I really don't know that I would change a bit of it. So a look back on 2008 is a little sad, but in the end we made it! And I know that my God will never push too much on me. And when I get to the point where I start to wonder exactly how we're going to do it-my family and friends show up. We are truly blessed beyond believe and this Thanksgiving/Christmas time I have so much to thank Him for. Just a few things:
My Daughters-I've had Paris for a few years now and each year she surprises me with her uniqueness and generosity. She is by far the smartest, funniest, loving and loyal young woman I know. I couldn't ask for a better stepchild and I'm so proud of her. Jorja has brought a new hope in my life. I now know why I'm here on earth-to create a life so precious and pure and teach her to make the world a better place. I know for a fact that my girls will change lives and make the world a much better place.
My Family- When I say family, it includes those who most people would call friends. Aaron and I are lucky to have such a good spread of friendship that they have become our family. My East Coast girls took care of me after my miscarriage and surgery, and really made me feel at home in a place where I never thought I'd feel it. The clan here took care of me when I had Jorja and made sure Aaron was taken care of as well. My father is my sounding board, my mother never left my side and my sister became my backbone. Without them, I would be a soggy mess. (As Corinna would put it)
Faith- I'm lucky enough to have been raised in a family who taught me where my blessings come from, and where my strength lies. I have come to realize that faith isn't something everyone has and it's my daily prayer that my friends and family come to feel the safe and secure part of being a Christian. Without my faith-my life would be dark, lonely and painful. I have such love and light in my life that I know I can get through anything! Though some people don't like to recognize or admit it-Jesus IS the reason we have Christmas. And I don't know about you-but I have a lot to thank Him for.
Number one on this list-LOVE. I feel it each day. I give it each day. And without it-we are nothing.
Jorja is soooo done with the sappiness-I must go tend to a not so touched baby right now. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Prayer Request-Aaron had a great interview with Pinnacle Airlines. This is the job he's been after since April. Please pray that this is it! It's a great company with fantastic bennies including FREE FLIGHT BENEFITS!! That's right folks-I'll be coming to an airport near you.

No comments: